Designalist? Yes! A combination of designer and journalist. New, different, cool. What’s the plan? Together with VersPers we are starting a new journalistic adventure: a very close cooperation between journalists and designers, in which journalistic stories will be designed to sparkle and in which designs can become journalistic stories.
How could solid journalism and communication design strengthen each other? Waterproof socks against climate change? T-shirts with URLs to in-depth stories? Toilet paper with political content to wipe your ass with? Alternative posters for the municipal elections? It’s up to you.
We are investing €10.000 to finance the 4 best proposals. If your project is chosen, you’ll receive a fee and 3 months to develop your concept into a final product with your team.
APPLICATION DEADLINE | 17 September
- Are you a designer or journalist and do you feel excited about this collaboration?
- Send us a motivation and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Both English and Dutch submissions are accepted.
- It is encouraged to apply as individuals and as teams (max 3 people) for the hatching day.
- The applicants are required to participate on the hatching day.
HATCHING DAY | 20 September (10.00 — 16.00)
- You will be invited to a one-day refreshing workshop & team up session at A-LAB in Amsterdam.
- On that day we will elaborate on the Designalist approach, develop ideas, and teams.
- After the day, you have one week to come up with a concept proposal for Spark Narration.
- The winning ideas and teams will be announced on 1 October.
PRODUCTION OF SELECTED IDEAS
01 October — 16 October | Development of concept
16 October — 31 January | Project Production
31 January — 31 March | Project Publication